Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ingrid Michaelson's Music: Love at First Sound



Ingrid Michaelson's music speaks the language of your soul.

Her songwriting is very poignant, practical and oh-so-soothing. I stumbled upon her music when I was browsing through Imeem's Sara Bareilles playlists. When Sara's songs were done, Imeem played Ingrid's "Morning Lullabies" and gosh, it was love at first sound.

Her amazing piano and songwriting prowess just makes you realize there could be no better songs to fit a melody, nor better melodies to fit a series of words. You'd think she has emerged from your thoughts and spoke of the feelings you dare not admit to yourself. Ingrid Michaelson's music is a sweet treat any time any day.

Some of her songs are featured on Grey's Anatomy.

AROUND YOU
"My feet don't touch the ground, when I'm around you, when I'm around you.."

MORNING LULLABIES
" i know you have to close your eyes on everyone, let me help you i'll sing you to sleep. i will sing you morning lullabies, you are beautiful and peaceful this way."

OVERBOARD
"I could write my name by the age of three
and I don't need anyone to cut my meat for me.
I'm a big girl now, see my big girl shoes.
It'll take more than just a breeze to make me

Fall over, fall over, fall overboard, overboard."

BREAKABLE
"Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts?
Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts.
So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess.
And to stop the muscle that makes us confess."


Have a taste of her magic via http://www.imeem.com/people/VpWXOn/music/YDOrUk2x/ingrid-michaelson-morning-lullabies/ - this is my favorite Ingrid Michaelson song. :)

Hit me back for thank you's. ciao! :)

2 comments:

Aux Zero said...

might check her out some time.

if you have more great finds some time, share :P

Your New PR Girl said...

no problemo. i'm loving matt nathanson right now. hehe

how are you avy? :)