Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Evalu-Wednesday: Sara Bareilles

Sara Bareilles is a cocktail of a powerful voice, great piano hands and soulful composition. She bares it all in her Careful Confessions album, where most of her songs are very honest and bold. Her songs simply capture the practical roads that lead us to love, skirt around it, and away from it. I recommend that you buy that album if you want the best of Sara Bareilles. However, her other songs are very good too.

I'll quote my favorite lines from my favorite Sara Bareilles songs. (And if you're the romantique type, trust me you'll be itching to buy an album afterwards.)

Gravity
"Set me free, leave me be, I don't wanna fall another moment into your gravity. Here I am, I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be. But you're on to me, all over me.."

Undertow
"You storm me when you come and go, the taste of something so sweet, you should've warned me about the undertow."

Before I Knew Better
"I'll see you tonight in the back of my mind
When I remember your skin like I remembered it then
When you would dress me in white with the look in your eyes
Knew you'd love me forever
Before I ever knew better"

Pretend
"Baby can we just pretend we're not telling lies and this ain't ending? No talk no time no goodbyes. Nothing left of expectations, just you and me and impulsive creations, with an alibi."

Tread Water
"Pardon me, my mistake. Thought it my turn for break. But since the rain loves my face, I'll let it be."

No comments: